- I am bored with work. Whilst I’m grateful for my job, I find the work less than stimulating and restrictive. There is a job ad on Seek at the moment that I’m tempted to apply for. The company is fashion related, although not my target market, but it would be an amazing foot in the door to product/accessory design. I don’t know whether to apply because a) I feel bad quitting my first full time design job within 6 months, b) I think most of the things the potential employer company makes are ugly and c) and I’m still a noob and I have a lot to learn, and my current employer is being pretty patient with me. On the other hand, I think that’s contributing to me learning slowly, I’m much more efficient when I’m scared shitless I’m going to disappoint somebody. I’m more than ok with disappointing myself. But give me someone I have to impress and BAM, efficiency goes up 400%.
- I found out recently that I have high cholesterol that runs in the family. Joy. Ever since then I’ve been craving some fried pork chops with tomato rice, simply because I know I should no longer have it.
- I downloaded an app last week for $1.99 that’s meant to help you build good habits. One of the first things I put in there was “Sleep before midnight”. I haven’t been able to tick it off even once.
- IDGAF about valentine’s day. And IDGAF about how much you hate valentine’s day either. If you hate it so much why don’t we talk about something else?
- I didn’t know about Macklemore and Ryan Lewis being in Sydney until all three shows were sold out and I’m heartbroken about it. I’ve had The Heist on repeat for months and currently show no signs of getting sick of it.
It was an accident. She called up to book for an ultrasound, but she had very broken English and I couldn’t understand what type of ultrasound she needed. She said it was for her tummy, but there are three different types of ultrasounds you can have in that area.
I had to clarify so I asked her, what did you see the doctor about? What was wrong?
And she said, um, it’s a follow up.
A follow up of what? I asked, like an insensitive bitch.
I had an abortion, she said quietly, in China, last month.
Oh I’m so sorry.. I say like a moron. I can hear her crying, her voice shaky as I make a time for her on Tuesday. I say sorry again before she hangs up. It’s ok, she says softly between sniffs, it’s ok.